Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Maine Quilts 2012- The Finale

Here is the final installment of Maine Quilts 2012. These are quilts that were in the individual display category.
Marilyn's My Valentine
The heart blocks in this quilt were won by Marilyn during our monthly block drawing.

Anita's Tesselations by the Sea 

Marilyn's The Color Wheel
I believe she made this from the left over fabric from her quilting studio curtains.

Pat's Starry Delight
This is  paper pieced, exquisite workmanship.

  Gift from Saint Nicholas
(I apologize for the blurry photo, definitely the photographer!)
Santa with his List
Both of the above Santa wall hangings are Pat's work as well.
The patterns are from Jan Kornfeind's Olde Santa Series.

 
Santa of Peace
   I did not enter this in the show, but I wanted to share my try at one of the Olde Santa Series. The original pattern was to be curved at the top. I modified it a bit keeping the curve on the inside of the border and squaring off the top outside edge. I find squared wall hangings easier to hang than curved ones. I plan to make the Gift Bringer for this Christmas.

  This concludes my photos of the quilt show. I hope you have enjoyed it.

Til next time,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment