Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Birdie Pincushions



Look what came to visit me! 

A flock of birdie pincushions that are just adorable.  I made them as "little gifts" for each person taking the class I taught on Saturday.  They are from the pattern "Petite Alouette" from The Teacher's Pet with two modifications: eyes and a "nest." I sewed beads on for eyes(not shown here). The "nest" is  a 1/2" washer that I found in the tool box.  I covered it with a gathered circle of fabric. Then, I used Fabric Fusion fabric glue to adhere the washer to the bird. Now, they are all well behaved and not falling down.

Then today, Lynda and I made this "flock" to be door prizes at our quilt meeting tomorrow.  After filling them with crushed walnut shells, we glued on some googly eyes. They are sooo cute, I wish I could keep them all!

This little girl is happily sitting on top of my sewing machine, watching over my fabric treasures. At least until tomorrow!

Til next time,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment