Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Progress on Orca Bay

   I love my new work space. It inspires me to work on projects that have been tucked away for months.I can't say years as I've only been quilting for 6 years. 

   These are some of the pieces for Orca Bay , set out to be sewn. After I took the photo, I realized that every other set of geese should be flying in the opposite direction. Otherwise, the wouldn't have the right effect.

   The geese should all fly towards the light background Ohio Star blocks. I have sewn all these into rows, which I am hoping to assemble today. Next, will be the borders.

   During our visit to Wisconsin in June, my cousin Karen gave me a cute pincushion. It sits next to Frances, my first Husqvarna/Viking sewing machine. The pincushion is perfect. It holds a ton of pins, a small pair of scissors, and  stilettos between the petals. 

Til next time,
Mary
   


No comments:

Post a Comment