Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Trip to New Jersey

 This was the view from the top of Cape Cod Hill when I left on Friday. You can barely see the mountain peeking out from the fog. The sun didn’t appear until I reached Freeport, but it stayed with me all the way to New Jersey. Traffic was light, so it was a very pleasant trip.

After a good night’s sleep, Mom and I headed out for a Saturday of shopping and eating. We began at Panera’s with a breakfast of baked egg `soufflé and coffee. I also introduced Mom to Cinnamon Crunch bagels sliced in the bread slicer. She raved about them to everyone. Thanks Wes for introducing me to them.

Michael’s was across the parking lot, so we ventured there. I was looking for wool felt, real wool. None to be found, so on we went.


Next stop, Stony Brook Sew & Vac, my number one place to hang out when I lived in New Jersey.  In its old location, it was only 2 miles from my house so, I could ride my bike there if I wanted. Actually, I was there so much, they decided to let me teach a few classes on making pillow covers. They’ve moved to a new location, bigger and better than ever, about 5 miles south. 
Guess what they had, wool felt, lots of wool felt. I bought a half yard each. Don’t these look delicious? Mug rugs, Penny rugs, and pin cushions here I come!


As I was checking out, my eye caught a table runner hanging from the end of the counter. This was a runner I had made when I first began quilting. I was so excited that they had it displayed.


 After so much shopping, we were hungry again. Mom and I headed over to my favorite Mexican Restaurant, Chapala’s in Hamilton. She’s wearing one of the bibs I made her. Very stylish. It was a good day.

Til next time,
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment